Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Noooooo they be fellin mah trees

During a Loaded Questions game on New Years Eve, I was asked "What is your greatest skill, one that you wouldn't hesitate to pit yourself up against anyone in the world?" My answer: sleeping. Seriously, I'm pretty damn good at it--once I'm out, I'm out like a light. I've slept through earthquakes, thunderstorms, and a cat repeatedly jumping on me from a windowsill (I've also slept through many an alarm...). Needless to say, I slept through much of the wind/rainstorms that hit San Diego this past weekend. What I saw during my waking hours was little more than a drizzle, and I assumed the rain that came was little more than harmless, much needed precipitation.

Unfortunately, I found out yesterday that there was a casualty of the storm.

RIP Morley Field Shoe Tree. We'll miss you! (photos; video)

UPDATE: more photos of the tree back in the day, via flickr

No comments: