Wednesday, January 02, 2008

In Defense of Food

So I'm sitting down to a lunch of leftover hoppin' john and collard greens (best new years day tradition ever) when I decide to catch up on some blogging from the past week. Over at the Slow Food Blog, I find some exciting news: Michael Pollan has a new book out. Being halfway through the Botany of Desire and having greedily polished off the Omnivore's Dilemma last year, I'd be excited to read anything new he wrote. Turns out the topic could not make me happier--the book addresses what to eat and why (which apparently can be answered in 7 words that I believe were first mentioned in the Omnivore's Dilemma: "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.").

I'm off to the library to reserve a copy when it comes in. In the mean time, feast on the tempting summary and the book's introduction (pdf) on his website.

Thank you again Michael Pollan, for so boldly putting forth what needs to be said...

No comments: