Tuesday, June 19, 2007

summertime evening blues (really)

The sun and the beach are irresistible this time of year, and there's no doubt I'll be heading out to play after coming home from work every day this week. But coming in from the languid sunset, I find myself faced with a surprisingly troubling dilemma: If I take the time to prepare a delicious meal, I have no time to write; if I take the time to write, I linger too long over words and run out of time to cook a satisfying meal. Since the tempting fridge full of local produce inevitably wins (especially this week), it's the writing that stays neglected.

I have about 5 posts I'm dying to write, and I will get to them. (several espousing my frustration at the state of the world after reading this; several more of excitement after finding this; and at least one waxing poetic on the beauty of chioggia beets). In the mean time, I'll leave you with some well-articulated, slow and savory goodness that I stumbled across. Which I guess applies to that interview with Carlo Petrini, and also the sweet, smoky flavors of La Milpa chioggia beets.

No comments: